Author: Yellow Duckie
•12:59
For years i have been in Kenya, I never took the effort to visit the famous Coast of Kenya. I have briefly visited the North Coast of Mombasa however it did not really impressed me. I supposed coming from Asian where white sandy beach is abundant, taking a relaxing weekend by the beach was not top of my list of things to do in Africa.

Little did I know that a visit to the South Coast of Mombasa, specifically Diani, could be one of the most relaxing trip I've ever taken. Literally, forgetting all your worries behind with your favourite book in one hand and a pina colada in the other. And the scenery....absolutely gorgeous!

Camel ride....by the beach...you heard me...camel ride by the beach.....

As recommended, we tried the Baobab Resort, an all inclusive package where all three meals are provided and unlimited flow of beverages and alcohol available throughout the day. Perfect, absolutely perhaps.


There are three hotels in this compound and you have the choice of three hotel's amenities to choose from. What more can you ask for?

However, there is only one annoying custom about this hotel is that for gentlemen, you are NOT allowed to wear shorts for dinner. I mean like who would bring a pair of long pants to a tropical beach vacation where it is more than 30 degree Celsius outside! They are pretty strict about it, so guys, just bring one to so that you can dine in peace.

Souvenir Market

All I could say is that I am glad I did make an effort drop by this place while I am still staying in the continent. It is an absolutely must!
This entry was posted on 12:59 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: